Except where noted, all text and photographs Copyright © 2015 Stanley D. Williams. All Rights Reserved.

Books I read during my journey from Evangelicalism to Roman Catholicism can be found here:
Recommended Books on Catholicism and Christianity.

Sunday, July 1, 1990

Catholicism and Communism in America

Harvey H. Springer's 1960 attack on JFK, Catholicism and Communism. 

I keep losing this pamphlet in my files. If I find it again I'll scan a few of the pages inside. I want you to see what Harvey H. Springer (D.D. Th.D.) was saying about communism, JFK, and Catholicism.  But perhaps you can get the jest from the two dark clouds that are about to obscure the Jewish star, which I think he means to stand in for Jesus Christ. 

This illustration, and Springer's address to the tent revival crowd that night also indicated the on-going mixing of religion with politics and how easily ideologies can get confused.



No comments:

Post a Comment