Except where noted, all text and photographs Copyright © 2015 Stanley D. Williams. All Rights Reserved.

Books I read during my journey from Evangelicalism to Roman Catholicism can be found here:
Recommended Books on Catholicism and Christianity.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Jeremiah Williams and Children

My father, Ben Williams, Captain of the Greenville College Military Company in 1917. Here's the page out of the G.C. 1917 VISTA year book, Ben Williams at lower left.



My cousin, Burt Williams, sent me this picture of my Dad's family when they gathered in 1936 for his mother's funeral in Pinellas, Florida.


Second from Left, Burton Williams, with President Truman and other National Press Photographer's Assn. officers. (see caption above). Uncle Burton was one of the two visual media professionals (and Catholics) on my Dad's side of the family I knew nothing about until I was in my 30's. Yet today, the NPPA gives out the Burt Williams Award to press photographers who have been in the profession for 40 years. (My thanks, again, to my cousin, and Burt Williams' grandson, Burt Williams, for sending me this scan from "A Voice Is Born" a book about the founding and early years of the NPPA by Claude Cookman (1985).

No comments:

Post a Comment